The World Health Organization projects that a billion people will die early this century from smoking. New technologies have evolved to help addicted smokers, yet money has corrupted the government departments and non-profit organizations responsible for helping fix the problem. Misinformation is rampant. To get the truth, director Aaron Biebert traveled across four continents to create our award-winning documentary.
On October 28th, A Billion Lives makes it’s NYC premiere at the luxurious Cinépolis Chelsea. Members of the media and concerned thought leaders are invited to join us for a special screening and panel discussion with the director and experts in the film.
For those not able to attend, A Billion Lives will also be playing at Cinépolis Chelsea four times a day for a full week afterwards. Click here to see showtimes and buy tickets.
- October 28th
- Opening Remarks & Screening: 8:00pm
- Panel Discussion: 9:45pm
- Director Aaron Biebert – Director & Executive Director of A Billion Lives
- “Winston Man” David Goerlitz – Former cigarette model and anti-smoking advocate
- Dr. Sally Satel MD – Medical doctor, psychiatrist, author, AEI scholar, and lecturer at Yale School of Medicine
- Moderated by: Jared Meyer, Forbes contributor and fellow at the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research
260 West 23rd St
New York City Premiere Organizing Committee (In Formation)
Chair: Jeff Stier, Senior Fellow at the National Center for Public Policy Research
Julian Morris, Vice President of Research at the Reason Foundation
Alex Clark, Legislative Coordinator at CASAA